Adding webhooks to process#
You can add a webhook template to an application, and generic processes.
Before you add a webhook to application, make sure that you have created an environment for the application and have resources added to it.
Open the webhook configuration UI using any of the below methods:
- To add webhook to an application, go to Applications > application name > Configuration > Webhooks > Add Webhook.
- To add webhook to a process, go to Processes > process name > Configuration > Webhooks > Add Webhook. The Add Webhook window is displayed.
Copy the generated webhook URL and paste it in the URL field.
Refer to the How-tos section for information about how you can get this URL.
Specify an Event Type.
Select a template name from the Webhook Template field.
See Managing webhook template for more information.
If you are adding the webhook to an application, specify the environment name from the Environments field.
Submit your changes.
The webhook template is added to the application. In the event when a process runs, the notifications will appear in your configured messaging platform app.
- Notifications can be out-of-order in few of the cases. One of the case can be when:
- Message A is sent and fails to complete for a reason, for example, the remote server has an error.
- Message B is sent and completes.
- The remote server error is now resolved.
- The message A is resent, and completes.
- When you export or import an application or a generic process, the webhooks are also imported/exported with them.
Parent topic: Webhooks