Setting up high-availability clusters#
To configure a high-availability cluster, you store shared files on network storage. Then, you configure multiple servers, set each server to access the same files and database, and configure a load balancer to distribute the traffic between the servers.
The specific steps depend on whether you are clustering servers or engines.
- To set up a cluster of servers, see Setting up clusters of servers.
- To set up a cluster of engines, see ha_config_engine.md.
To upgrade a high-availability installation, see Upgrading high-availability installations.
- Setting up clusters of servers
To configure a cluster of servers, set up a shared database and file system for the servers to use.
- Adding servers to clusters
You can add new servers to a cluster at installation time, or you can move existing servers to be part of a cluster.
- Converting a stand-alone server to high availability
You can convert an HCL™ Launch server into the first node of a high-availability cluster.
Parent topic: Configuring