Pausing a process#
You can pause a process to include some updates in an already running process and then resume it. This allows you to apply multiple fixes in between pausing and resuming without requesting a new process.
During the execution of a process with multiple steps, you can press the Pause button from the deployment execution log. Pausing a process execution stops the deployment at the next step and results in the following behavior:
- The step which was running, continues to run and retains the Running label.
- The subsequent steps are marked as Not Started.
- The overall process status is marked as Paused at bottom of the page.
- When the current running step terminates processing, as you can see from its output, it still stays in Running state.
- If you click Resume, the currently running step terminates successfully and the next step begins.
Parent topic: Process step types and logic