Migrating an existing IBM installation to HCL Launch#
Before you begin
- IBM installations using IBM Java must migrate to a new Java distribution. Please contact the HCL support team for additional instructions to migrate the Java KeyStore and preserve your existing database. For fresh installations and IBM Java migration scenarios, HCL recommends AdoptOpenJDK HotSpot v8 or v11.
- IBM installations using IBM DB2 must migrate to a new database distribution. Please consult your new database's documentation for instruction.
- IBM Rational Key License Server (RKLS) has been replaced with the FlexNet License Server. Ensure a FlexNet Device is ready to configure following the install of HCL Launch. If you do not already have one available or need help configuring, please contact the HCL Support team.
About this task
HCL Launch supports the ability to migrate from the IBM® vendor type to the HCL vendor type.
Note: The HCL installer must be version 184.108.40.206 or greater.
Download the HCL installer that is equal or greater than the version that the IBM server is.
Shut down the IBM server.
Run the installer, direct it to the existing installation. You will be notified that a server already exists at the location, and that proceeding will cause the server to be upgraded.
You will also see a new message:
If y is given as an answer the installer will then automatically convert the installation to the HCL vendor type and proceed with the rest of the upgrade process.
A prompt will request HCL licensing information. If migrating a silent mode installer, in the passed in properties answer file please include "license.server.url=" and have the value point to a valid HCL license server.
Start up the server.
- IBM specific RCL license libraries are replaced with HCL FlexNet license libraries.
- Set_env file is modified to load HCL license jars instead of IBM license jars.
- Every agent on the server has a license type other than Unlicensed will be given the Authorized license type – the only license type that HCL servers support.
- As consequence the server will use the HCL specific branding if you are migrating version 220.127.116.11 or newer.
Parent topic: Upgrading and migrating