Upgrading Docker Compose#
Upgrade your Docker Compose installation.
HCL™ Accelerate installation properties are stored in the
/home/.ucv/settings.json file on the computer where you installed the product. If the user that is upgrading the product is not the user who installed it, ensure that the
settings.json file is copied to the upgrading user's
/home/.ucv directory before upgrading.
When you run the installer, it checks for an existing installation. If the installer finds a previous version, it uses installed properties, such as your product access key, and assumes that you are upgrading the product.
- Consult the system requirements and ensure your existing environment that meets HCL Accelerate needs. See system requirements.
- Consult the upgrade notes for the latest information that must be considered before starting upgrading. For example, MongoDB migration.
The upgrade instructions describe upgrade the product on all supported operating systems. The downloaded executable file steps you through the upgrade process and sets your upgrade parameters.
Download the installation file for your environment. Installation files are available in two locations,
- Linux: https://hcl-velocity-binaries.s3.amazonaws.com/accelerate-hcl-install-latest-linux
- Windows: https://hcl-velocity-binaries.s3.amazonaws.com/accelerate-hcl-install-latest-win.exe
- Mac OS: https://hcl-velocity-binaries.s3.amazonaws.com/accelerate-hcl-install-latest-macos
- Download the installation file for your environment.
Run the downloaded executable file.
Note: For macOS and Linux installations, set the appropriate permissions before running the file:
sudo chmod +x.
Note: HCL Accelerate does not perform malware scanning on the installed files. It is recommended that end users implement malware scanning as appropriate for their environment before installing and running the HCL Accelerate in their environment.
Complete installation by responding to the prompts described in the following steps.
When the script starts, you are prompted to accept the license. You can explicitly accept the license without viewing it by appending the following parameter to the command:
At the Please enter your HCL Accelerate access key prompt, accept the default value.
The default value is the key you entered when you installed the product. If you are upgrading from the Community Edition, enter your new Standard Edition key.
At the Enter your encryption key or leave blank to use the default. Key must be at least 8 characters prompt, enter your encryption key or leave blank to use the default encryption key.
Note: The encryption key must be at least 8 characters. Save the encryption key to use for further upgrades.
At the Choose the platform prompt, select
Docker Compose (Evaluation only).
At the Enter the location where the HCL Accelerate files will be installed prompt, enter the location where you want to install the product files.
You do not have to use the location that you used when you installed the product.
Files are copied to the specified directory in a subdirectory named
At the Enter path to the folder containing your "server.crt" and "server.key" files or leave blank to use default prompt, enter the location where you saved the server.crt and server.key certificate files or leave blank to use the default folder.
At the Please enter the hostname where you will run HCL Accelerate prompt, enter the host name where users can access the Web UI.
The default hostname is the value that you used the last time you used the installer.
At the Enter the desired port where HCL Accelerate will run prompt, enter the port number for the Web UI.
The default port is the value that you used the last time you used the installer.
(Applicable for Offline installation only) At the Enter the URL of a remote docker registry to push images, otherwise leave blank prompt, specify one of the following options.
- (Default) Local File System. Copy images to the file system and manually load them into the local Docker registry.
- Local Docker Registry. Load images into the local Docker registry. This requires the Docker client on the host where the installation script is running.
- Remote Docker Registry. Load images into the local Docker registry, and then tag the images and push them to a remote Docker registry. This requires the Docker client on the host where the installation script is running. The images are loaded on the local host.
- HCL Accelerate is installed successfully.
Run the server by changing to the directory where you installed the product, and start Docker Compose. For example:
[installation folder] docker-compose up -d
If you replaced the original certificate with your own version, copy it to the [installation folder]product_version_number/conf/ssl folder.
Test the upgrade by changing to the directory where you installed the product, [installation folder]product_version_number and start Docker Compose. For example:
[installation folder]1.2.4 docker-compose up -d
Access the HCL Accelerate Web UI. The URL is https://hostname:port, where
portare the values that you set during upgrade.
Migrate overrides file
If you use an
override.yml file, copy it from the original installation directory to the [installation folder]product_version_number/ folder. Restart HCL Accelerate for the changes to take effect.
Migrate SSL certificates
If you replaced the original certificate with your own version, copy it to the [installation folder]product_version_number/conf/ssl folder. Restart HCL Accelerate for the changes to take effect.
Parent topic: Installing and upgrading