Viewing value streams#
Viewing value streams using list and card view layouts.
After you create one or more value streams, you can view them by clicking Value Streams > All Value Streams in either the list or card view layouts. You can also add metrics.
To view value streams in the list view layout and add metrics, complete the following steps:
- On the HCL™ Accelerate dashboard, click Value Streams > All Value Streams.
- Click to display the tabular list view of value streams. The default fields are Name, Lead Time, and Cycle Time. You can click on the name of any value stream in the list view to display it in the Value stream tab. You can also sort the Name field in either ascending or descending order by clicking on the triangle in the right side of the field.
- Click to display the Add Metrics window.
Click to add the required metric or click to expand the required metric that you want to add to the Metric bar.
Note: For metrics having an expand and collapse button, you can define the metric in the following step. For metrics having only an add button, Metric added! is displayed when you click the button.
Define the metric by completing the following steps:
- In the Metric Title field, enter a name for the metric.
- In the Relative time field, select a time range. Data within the time range are calculated.
In the Filtered values field, check the required filter based on attributes of add metric.
Note: The Filtered values field is only available for certain metrics.
In the Warn when metric data is missing from applications field, click either the Any application or All applications radio button.
Note: The Warn when metric data is missing from applications field is only available for certain metrics.
Click the Add button to display the metric in the value stream tabular list view.
Note: There is no limit on the number of metrics that can be added in a value stream.
To edit an added metric with other metric column options in list view layout, in the required metric field, hover and click toward the right side of the metric column and select one of the following menu items:
- Edit metric to display the Edit Metric window to modify the metric parameters available for the item. After making the required selections, click the Update button to save your changes.
- Only show value streams missing this data for the related metric.
- Remove metric to delete the metric. For added metrics in list view layout, there may be color icons appearing in the metric columns. Hover over the icon to display a pop-up with specific details about the metric.
To view value streams in the card view layout, complete the following steps:
- On the HCL Accelerate dashboard, click Value Streams > All Value Streams.
Click to display the card view of value streams. An example card view for a value stream is shown in the following figure.
Information and menu options on the value stream card view includes the following explained in reference to the above figure:
- Test is the name of the value stream. You can click on the name of any value stream in the card view to display it in the Value stream tab.
- Most recent deployment is PROD deployed 2 months ago. The red slash icon indicates a failed deployment.
- Most recent deployment - Final environment is PROD deployed 2 months ago. The green check icon indicates a successful deployment.
- indicates there are two pipeline applications for the value stream.
- Click and select one of the following menu items:
- Edit to display the Edit Value Stream window to modify the Name, Description, or Team. Click the Save button to save your changes.
- Delete to remove the value stream card.
Parent topic: Value stream management