Upgrading Docker Compose#
Upgrade your Docker Compose installation.
HCL™ Accelerate installation properties are stored in the
/home/.ucv/settings.json file on the computer where you installed the product. If the user that is upgrading the product is not the user who installed it, ensure that the
settings.json file is copied to the upgrading user's
/home/.ucv directory before upgrading.
When you run the installer, it checks for an existing installation. If the installer finds a previous version, it uses installed properties, such as your product access key, and assumes that you are upgrading the product.
Download the installation file for your environment.
- Linux: https://hcl-velocity-binaries.s3.amazonaws.com/accelerate-hcl-install-latest-linux
- Windows: https://hcl-velocity-binaries.s3.amazonaws.com/accelerate-hcl-install-latest-win.exe
- Mac OS: https://hcl-velocity-binaries.s3.amazonaws.com/accelerate-hcl-install-latest-macos
- Run the downloaded executable file.
Complete installation by responding to the prompts described in the following steps.
When the script starts, you are prompted to accept the license. You can explicitly accept the license without viewing it by appending the following parameter to the command:
At the Please enter your HCL Accelerate access key prompt, accept the default value.
The default value is the key you entered when you installed the product. If you are upgrading from the Community Edition, enter your new Standard Edition key.
At the Enter your encryption key or leave blank to use the default. Key must be at least 8 characters prompt, enter your encryption key or leave blank to use the default encryption key.
Note: The encryption key must be at least 8 characters. Save the encryption key to use for further upgrades.
At the Choose the platform prompt, select
At the Enter the location where the HCL Accelerate files will be installed prompt, enter the location where you want to install the product files.
You do not have to use the location that you used when you installed the product.
Files are copied to the specified directory in a subdirectory named
At the Please enter the hostname where you will run HCL Accelerate prompt, enter the host name where users can access the Web UI.
The default hostname is the value that you used the last time you used the installer.
At the Enter the desired port where HCL Accelerate will run prompt, enter the port number for the Web UI.
The default port is the value that you used the last time you used the installer.
If you are performing an off-line installation, at the Choose how to receive offline docker images for HCL Accelerate prompt, select one of the following options.
- Local File System. Copy images to the file system and manually load them into the local Docker registry.
- Local Docker Registry. Load images into the local Docker registry. This requires the Docker client on the host where the installation script is running.
- Remote Docker Registry. Load images into the local Docker registry, and then tag the images and push them to a remote Docker registry. This requires the Docker client on the host where the installation script is running. The images are loaded on the local host.
If you use an
override.ymlfile, copy it from the original installation directory to the [velocity-upgrade-folder/product_version_number/ folder.
If you replaced the original certificate with your own version, copy it to the [velocity-upgrade-folder/product_version_number/conf/ssl folder.
Test the upgrade by changing to the directory where you installed the product, [velocity-upgrade-folder/product_version_number and start Docker Compose. For example:
~/projects/accelerate-/1.2.4 docker-compose up -d
Access the HCL Accelerate Web UI. The URL is https://hostname:port, where
port are the values that you set during upgrade.
Parent topic: Upgrading