In this tutorial, you create a custom metric definition and use it to provide data to HCL™ Accelerate.
In HCL Accelerate, data can come from integrated applications or clients using the REST API.
HCL Accelerate provides numerous tools to analyze your data and access your project's status. Numerous metric charts are available out-of-the-box and you can create your own. Charts are configured with metric definitions. Metric definitions describe the expected data values and set chart default values.
In this tutorial, you create a metric definition and use the curl utility to load it into HCL Accelerate along with a record that conforms to the metric definition. Finally, you view the custom chart and data in an Insights dashboard.
In this tutorial, you learn how to complete these tasks:
- Create a metric definition.
- Create custom metric records.
- Load the metric definition and custom records into HCL Accelerate using the curl utility.
- Create a dashboard that contains a chart based on the metric definition.
- Load our custom data into the chart.
This tutorial takes approximately 1 hour to finish. If you explore other concepts that are related to this tutorial, it might take longer to complete.
To run this tutorial, you must have installed the HCL Accelerate application, version 1.3.0 or later
To complete this tutorial, you need:
- A user ID with a role that enables you to access the REST API and create dashboards.
- A user access token.
- Access to the curl utility, or a similar tool. The curl utility is available in Linux and Windows 10 distributions.
Parent topic: Implementing custom metrics